I learned the most interesting and incredibly useful thing the other night. I was listening to Melissa Galt’s webinar about social media success and blogging, when she suggested that bloggers create a 90 day editorial calendar. And I said out loud (ok to myself) “Why didn’t I think of that?” I can just imagine how much easier it is to put together content if I have a three-month plan!
So for several days now the wheels have been turning and yes, I am a bit old-school, so I’ve been scribbling notes on a note pad by my desk. I even bought a moleskine (my kind of technology) for my purse! Melissa, you have gotten me fired up! This is what I have come up with so far as monthly ideas for blog posts:
1. An in-depth post about one aspect of design. For example, the first one will be about wainscoting. Melissa suggested I write a glossary of design terms, so this is my individual take on that.
2. A book review. I devour design books and find so much inspiration from them! The first in the repertoire will be the one I am reading now – Clodagh’s ‘Your Home Your Sanctuary’ – divine. I also read many books about entrepreneurship, sales, and even travelogues – any could grace the new Avery Design Interiors book review.
3. A hotel, museum, restaurant review from a design standpoint. I especially love seeing the new designs coming out of Southeast Asia and Europe.
4. Speaking of Southeast Asia, I owe you another round of photos from another country from my trip a decade ago. China will be our next stop.
5. I would like to start a question and answer post, but I need your help. Please post your interior design and decor questions in my comments box and I would love to answer them.
In keeping with the exciting changes in content here at Your Dreams Come Home…, I am in the midst of an overhaul to the look of my blog. You may have noticed I added a blogroll and that’s just the first step. Stay tuned.
As always, I love hearing from you. Please let me know if you have any great design ideas or questions that you want me to blog about (see #5). If I don’t know the answer, I will find it for you!
Wishing you a wonderful week. And don’t forget that Valentine’s is a week from today…